Date: Feb 13, 2013
Today is 正月初四, it is again, my Chinese calendar birthday. Happy Birthday to me again!
Let’s use iCook to cook a birthday FuChow red wine chicken Mee Sua (寿星福州红酒面线) and experiment my favourite iCook ware.
1) You need a lot of ginger slices. If you like to eat ginger, then, you can cut the whole plate of ginger.
2) You will need sesame oil. I used the black sesame oil. A lot of it.
A lot of it. Just keep pouring.
Until you see a thick layer of sesame oil.
3) Now, put in the ginger. Yes. I have not turn on the fire yet. Not yet.
Cover it. And start cooking until the iCook cover forms a vapour seal. (where you can spin the cover).
4) Now, we will need the chicken. So, I am only cooking it for myself (I am the birthday boy!). So, I just cut 2 legs, and 1 wing.
5) Prepare the FuChow red wine. You could not find this in the market, I think. But I brew my own FuChow red wine.
You will need approximate 2 cups of it.
6) Now, with the fire still at middle small. Open the cover, and place the chicken meat in and on to the boiling ginger. By now, you should smell a very nice smell of ginger sesame smell. That is the beauty of iCook, cooked from the cold.
Pour in 2 cups of FuChow red wine.
Until it covers the chicken.
7) Now, throw in some rock sugar. Those yellow ice sugar.
I like my FuChow red wine to have some sweet taste. So, I threw in a few.
8) I love to eat it with black fungus too.
Take a few, and then soak for few minutes.
Then, throw it into the red wine soup. Then, cover it, and continue to cook for about 20 minutes. When you can spin your cover, means the meat should be fully cooked. So, you leave it there for additional 5-10 minutes to pressurise it. (you cannot open the cover, so simply heat up and de-pressurize it and open the cover.)
9) While the chicken is still cooking. Let’s cook the egg. You need 2x hard boiled egg for the birthday noodle.
Somehow the red hard boiled chicken egg is not so red.
10) Next, we need some Mi Suah.
Somehow, I only eat the Mi Suah from Sitiawan.
Boil a pot of hot water, and then, cook the Mi Suah for 4-7 minutes.
11) After 25-30 minutes later. Taste the FuChow red wine chicken soup.
WOW! YOY! The taste is incredible! The FuChow red wine still have a bit of alcohol inside, but the Chicken taste has already spread out in the red wine soup. It is boiling hot. and It taste really good. I can actually feel the different.
The main different is you do not have to add V.S.O.P or X.O liquor to enhance the FuChow red wine taste. It is already tasting very good.
OK Kids. Say “Happy Birthday” to papa.
This is my version of FuChow Red Wine Chicken Soup with Mi Suah plus two red eggs.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEN!