Date: Nov 24, 2012
Based on our past 10 years experience, a christmas tree can last for 1 month, provided that you take good care of it. So, this year, we bought our tree early. And today we finally got time to go and pick it up.
We bought our tree from Far East Flora @ Queensway. We placed order two weeks ago. We already chosen our tree today. And we will pick it up in the evening, after Jay Jay’s class.
Again, why a real tree?
1. It is real, it gives a pine wood smell every morning, when you wake up.
2. Buying a Christmas tree also comes with responsibilities. It is just like buying a pet, i.e. cat or dog. Once you bought it, you better take good care of it. So, Jay Jay was thought to take care of the Christmas tree until Christmas day. This includes watering the tree, feeding ICE to the tree, etc. This will becomes a daily routine until Christmas.
3. Decorating the tree can be a fun father & son (or daughter) job. Get your kids to help you, and make them feel proud what they did.
4. It is a Christmas spirit thingy. (don’t forget to ask them to help to collect them back and do a proper disposal.)
5. If you have a car that can put the tree, arrange it to deliver it using your own car. The kids love it! They love the smell in the car, the love the mess made in the car. They simply loves it and when we talk about Christmas tree, they will remember.
6. It is a team work, where all children will have to help out daddy to put up the tree decorations.
Ho Ho ho ho Merry Christmas!
This man took our tree from the cold room.
This year, we bought a 7-8 feet tree instead of a 10 feet one. And as usual, we use the 307SW to transport it back to our place ourselves.
Last year, we crazy go and buy a 10ft tree. So, it occupied almost the whole car. And it is darn difficult to move it back to our place especially in the lift. 下次不敢了! So, this year, we bought the same usual height 7ft-8ft. Better, see, Jay Jay still can sit in front.
Jay Jay is happy about getting the tree.
Kay Kay also very happy.
Kay Kay wanted to sleep on the Christmas tree, and he close his eyes and sleep.
Buying a 7ft-8ft still manageable, can one person carry it. No problem. Clear the path please.
Finally in the lift.
OK. Now move the tree into our home.
YEAH! This year, I can hold the tree like this.
OK. Now, it is time to set the rules. Jay Jay, Christmas tree is your responsible.
1. Every morning, change the ice pack.
2. Auntie Raquel will wash the ice pack and re-freeze it. so you will always have fresh new ice pack.
3. water the plant. replenish the water every day.
This is the ice pack we use. Convenient and does the job.
We used two of them.
Of course, you will need to add water. Everyday, it will drink up almost half of the water. So, you will need to feed the tree water every day.
Mommy’s job to cut the wrap! From bottom to the top.
Finishing touch. Unwrapping the tree.
Yeah! Our tree is unwrapped.
Now, is to decorate the tree. This year, we going to do a Gold tree. So, I bought some decor stuff from ARC. There is a christmas decor shop on 2nd floor, and I think the price is reasonable. Better than CK Tang or Robinson or Takashimaya.
The boys really have lots of fun here.
That is the Christmas spirit I am talking about.
Let’s light up the tree.
Santa Clause and his little helper.
We will wrap the lights around the tree.
Jay Jay will untangle the lights.
Jay: “See… not hot at all”.
And finally, we done up the tree. And the STAR is huge this year. hahahaha
Kay Kay loves it!
Let’s put the decor up.
Jay Jay has no hand, but his neck very long, so, use the neck to hold on to the bell.
I got another live Christmas tree here. hahahaha
I got another. HahaHa
Let’s the kid play once a while.
And guess what… 玩到没东西玩! Kay Kay asked mommy to bring out his cricket costume. And he wants to wear it!
Kay’s costumes is worth the money now. Haha… he wore it today.
Little cricket helping hand.
This is our Christmas tree. I think the bottom gold flower is way too complicated. May remove that soon.
Let’s light it up. And check if it is OK from different angle.
OK. done. The Christmas light can only open when parent say so. As this tree is going to be there for 3 weeks, beside drinking ice water, it is best not to let it turn on the lights so often. Although is LED, but still a bit warm. hahahaha MERRY CHRISTMAS!
oh… It’s lightning outside.
Btw, Far East Flora also sell small tree. If space is not allow, you can get a 4-5ft one at $60. It will be fun! Do it!
The 4ft-5ft one looks like this height. Jay Jay is 120cm+.
Enjoy with your tree.