Date: Oct 5, 2013
Since very long while that I never cook Chicken Curry dish. Today, I got to cook 3 pots for Jay Jay’s mega party. It is a joint birthday party with his friend Riyandi and his friend’s father. hehe
Let’s see if I still remember it…
1. Empty wok. Pre-heat until very hot wok.
2. Wow. This cooking oil comes with Omega 3.
3. Pour some oil into the HOT wok. Let the cooking oil heat up.
4. You need onion shallots. You actually don’t need so much, just grabs a hand full. (About 5-6 shallots)
5. Make sure the cooking oil is hot. Put the onion shallots in. Stir fry it. Until it becomes slightly brown.
6. go to any Super Market, grab this. I use A1 Instant Chicken Curry Sauce paste.
7. Open the packet, and empty the whole thing into the hot wok with hot onion shallots in the cooking oil.
8. Let the burning oil fry the paste.
9. Stir fry it so that the fragrance comes out.
10. You need about 1KG of Chicken.
11. Stir the fried curry paste.
12. Place the chicken inside.
13. You need some lemon grass.
14. Prepare some curry leaves.
15. Throw the lemon grass and the curry leaves in together with the Chicken. Mix and stir fry a while.
16. Pour two bowls of water (about 0.5L) into the chicken. OK. Stir well. And Cover it. Simmer it for 10-15min.
17. Then, when it is cook (Chicken turn white), turn the fire smaller a bit.
18. Cut the Potatoes.
19. Put the potato into the curry. Simmer it with small fire for another 10-15 min.
20. We need coconut milk. I use this.
21. Pour it in. Cover it. Simmer for another 5-10 min.
22. That’s it! While simmer the curry chicken, you got lots of time. Can even write a few blogs ya.
And your Curry Chicken is ready to serve. The A1 Curry paste is quite salty. So, you don’t need to put extra soya sauce or salt or anything like that.
By the time I finish this, my 3 pots of curry chicken is ready.