Date: June 30, 2018
That day, we were geared up, all in red.
A friend’s family cannot make it to the NDP, so, I was given the opportunity to visit the NDP once again. I asked Kay whether he remembered attending the NDP or not, he said, “got meh?” hahahaha Can’t blame him, it was 6 years ago…
As usual, a long queue. We were there 5pm.
Thanks all the sponsors.
We were praying that we have a nice weather, despite all the dark and thick clouds.. and we got it.
Not too hot too.
It was the third time for Jay to attend such NDP preview.
My kids are both Singaporeans, so they have to attend these sort of NDP preview at least once (i.e. Primary 5 compulsory). For Kay, it will be two years later.
The coolest thing is, I also get to attend. It will be a fun afternoon.
NDP is about shaking all these thingy, wave the flags, etc.
NDP is about watching these hard working performers performing the dance and songs. Wah… wear so high heels ah…
And of course, I brought along enough camera tools to take tons of photos.
Of course, I do not have those expensive zoom lens la… but I think it is good enough for me to take some nice photos.
Here comes the parachute divers…
Perhaps every year we are waiting for this moment? The Red Lion. They just stepped out…
The first one…
They going to land on the floating platform…
And landed safely.
Here is one of the video.
Thank you for not raining.
We enjoying the show.
Kay was pretty excited. I think he now will remember he has attended the NDP before.
We are confined in these 4 seats, so we can’t take a lot of photos of ourselves. So, let’s wefie la.
What is he looking at?
The display of Army power.
Here comes the bom-bom-bom…
Here comes the big flag.
Here comes the “fake” president. Remember, we are in rehearsal only.
Here comes the flag… passed by the Float.
Here comes the fighter jets.
The afterburner boost is nice…
Here comes the bom-bom-bom.
He invited a way to wear the cap.
The golden minute. Looks like phoenix.
Welcome to the night hour.
The young one really likes the show.
And lastly, here comes the fireworks.
Aiya… Where is my tripod. Forgot to bring.
Never mind, use hand held mode la.
Phew Phew Phew.
Yeap, at around 8:10pm, the fireworks displays for 10 min.
Looks like lightsabers show.
Although don’t have tripod I have done my best to take some photos.
Almost the end.
That is mine!
Too much traffic. So, we end up eating BBQ beef at Marina Square.
- Be there around 5pm is fine. There are plenty of seats. You cannot choose your seats. They will bring you to the seats.
- There are 18 designs of the goodie bags. Make sure you get different designs.
- There are poncho, breads, water in the bag. You may bring your own food.
- The fireworks is 8:10pm.
- The shows end around 8:30pm.
- Park the car at Marina Square near the Japanese restaurant and supermarket there is the best.
- A lot of road closures even after dinner. Make sure you study them before you drive.
- Almost all the restaurant is full of people wearing red shirts. So, you found a restaurant that has seat, mai tu liao, just go in sit down and eat.