Date: Dec 5, 2016
Many months back, I installed something in my car.
This is my toy that I have not shared with you before.
I bought it here locally for about SGD$780 like that.
Wow! You might think this toy is not cheap at all!
But let’s take a look at what it does first.
By installing the RS Chip, it can tune your car computer so that your car can efficiently utilise its power. There is an iPhone App to install it.
With this chip, install, my car have more horse power.
It increase the horse power from 156hp to 175hp (+19hp).
And the torque also increase from 240Nm to 269Nm.
After installing it, you feel your car have a lot of power, especially when you overtake traffic. It can pick up much much faster.
Don’t know how it works. But this is what I found from the website. And it make sense.
Every car has a OBD II port. So, that is why you interface with your car computer called ECU. So, to install it, simply plug it into the OBDII. Every car ODB II port location is hidden and different. 🙂
Simply plug the RSChip into the OBD II port.
And then, we need to figure out how to hide this piece of box, so that it is not hanging outside dangling like that.
Let’s hide it inside here, together with the gear here.
Now, here is how it give you savings.
- I usually pump Shell V-Power for my car.
- Before I install RSChip, every week, I have to pump petrol once.
- Each week, I spent about $130-$140 to pump the petrol.
- After I installed the RSChip, with the same driving behaviour, and every week I still go the same place, sent kids to classes, etc, go to work, etc… and guess what… I know only pump petrol every two weeks time.
- So, if you do a simple calculations where I spent $560 each month for petrol previously without the RSChip, now, I only spent half of it. So, every month you save about $280 close to $300 on Petrol.
- So, after using for many months, the results is consistent. If I drive to Malaysia a lot of time, then, my consumption has ever drop to lowest 7.6L/100km. That is a very good results considering it used to do 11-12L/100km.
- In addition, it gives +19hp more horse power to my car.
After using it for more than 6 months and verify my findings, I installed it on to my wife’s car too. And what is her verdict? She said the following…
“The pick up is much more powerful than before.”
“And it save money for me as now I need to drive from home to Tuas (Aquaponics farm) many times a week”.
So, in order to prove further. I disconnected the RS Chip the other day. And drive for 2 days without it.
So, I pumped full tank of petrol on Tuesday 4pm. And this is what I have on Thursday 11am. Only 2 days, and the Petrol consumed more than a quarter tank.
And the horse power is much lower too. The pick up is not the boosted horse power I got used to for the last 6 months. hahahahaha.
So, I quickly put back the RS Chip on Thursday 11am. And now on Monday morning, the fuel gauge is at half mark. And we sent kids to Suntec area more too as Jay and Kay need to be at the Taekwondo school.
The savings is obvious. hahaha You start saving after 3-4 months.
OK. Sure get this question after I post. So, here is it. This is where I got it.
I did my car audio at this company, and they carry the RS chip product.
Call for Thomas. Very good service.
And of course, this works on my car. Every car is different. How much HP it can boost and how much torque it increase as well as how much fuel it can save are all different from car to car. So, please check out all the forums, the web site as usual. You can check how much power it can increase for your car model.